Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palette deliveries

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I know a few of you guys have had large things shipped in on palettes before - just have a question. Did the delivery lad/lads in the truck give you a hand move said item? Or did they literally just dump it on the palette in your drive?

Just wondering if I need a few extra hands with something arriving tomorrow!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My Astro got left at the door. Two days later after literally stripping the thing down, it made it to the cave upstairs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My candy was dumped more or less at the door. Had to convince the guy to use his trolley to cart it around to the back of the house (bigger door).

Other stuff I got from Japan on pallets has been smaller than a cab so not a problem really but that stuff was left at the door as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

There are only obliged to drop the pallet at the requested address and get a signature. They might bring move it indoors on the pallet truck for you if you ask nicely and you can get the pallet through the doorway easily - have ramps ready..

They won't hang around while you unwrap it though and definitely won't lift anything off the pallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    I know a few of you guys have had large things shipped in on palettes before - just have a question. Did the delivery lad/lads in the truck give you a hand move said item? Or did they literally just dump it on the palette in your drive?

Just wondering if I need a few extra hands with something arriving tomorrow!

When my cab arrived they just dropped it at the loading-bay/door. Your best to organise a few mates over to help you get it in the door or get yourself a large bit of plastic sheeting to cover it with the rain we are having of late

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks lads! I had a feeling that might be the case.

Looks like I'll be ringing around frantically for some hands for tomorrow so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have some plastic sheeting handy just it case the weather changes and your mates don't fancy getting wet !!

Master of the Universe

Now that'd be a feckin disaster! Soggy cab sitting out in the drive :eek:

what.jpg

You got some candy goodness on the way o1s1n?

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    You got some candy goodness on the way o1s1n?

Apparently it's already in the country just waiting to be delivered! I thought it'd be another week or so at least. Not mentally prepared for the awesome yet!

Apparently it's already in the country just waiting to be delivered! I thought it'd be another week or so at least. Not mentally prepared for the awesome yet!

Which one did you go for in the end? That Candy 25?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's the one. It's about 25kg lighter than an Atomiswave, so I don't see it being too much trouble to get in. It's also only 60cm or so width wise so will come through the door without taking any of it apart.

We shall see tomorrow though!

That's the one. It's about 25kg lighter than an Atomiswave, so I don't see it being too much trouble to get in. It's also only 60cm or so width wise so will come through the door without taking any of it apart.

Cool, well I got my Egret 3 in the house on my own. Those wheels are a life safer on these candies.

Cant wait to see this new one setup :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I presume it's going to the current address or is it heading to the folks? I'm hoping to post off those other bits this morning, just scouting around for an envelope. Never one when you need it. :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

Steve_SI wrote:
    well I got my Egret 3 in the house on my own.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOedhpkMwi2Qg7iZgkYYUC-sViFSbVY7nqPRsHOMVqXkFN96yqMQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOedhpkMwi2Qg7iZgkYYUC-sViFSbVY7nqPRsHOMVqXkFN96yqMQ

No, on my own. Retr0 wasn't around that day :pac: :pac:

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I presume it's going to the current address or is it heading to the folks? I'm hoping to post off those other bits this morning, just scouting around for an envelope. Never one when you need it. :rolleyes:

It's coming to my house this time. I think a third arcade cab delivered to theirs may be taking the mick at this point! hah

Actually yesterday when I dropped out to theirs, they asked me if I had room for another arcade cab.

'you sure you don't? we bought you one yesterday?'

:eek:

Then they handed me this -

p2759_big.jpg

Nice one on the buttons! Thanks! Really looking forward to swapping them out.

Master of the Universe

Hired hands sorted. Have my parents coming out from Bray to help lift it in.

They did well lifting the other cabs, so it only seemed right :D:D:D

Also bringing out the Neo 6 slot. Tempted to fill that up with Metal Slug carts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hired hands sorted. Have my parents coming out from Bray to help lift it in.

They did well lifting the other cabs, so it only seemed right :D:D:D

Also bringing out the Neo 6 slot. Tempted to fill that up with Metal Slug carts!

It's gonna be biblically cool by the sound of it. o1s1n finally has a cab again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thread title: Palette deliveries

Translated thread title: OMG ordered something amazing... I should start a thread about it... but wait no... that might seem too eager... OK I'll have a tangibly related thread about postage and be all mysterious about it... Yes, yes!.... that'll do!

:P

Thread title: Palette deliveries

Translated thread title: OMG ordered something amazing... I should start a thread about it... but wait no... that might seem too eager... OK I'll have a tangibly related thread about postage and be all mysterious about it... Yes, yes!.... that'll do!

:P

I thought he'd taken up painting and had just received a selection of colours in the post.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hah!

I didn't want to post about it until it was up and running in my sitting room (along with a load of photos) - but totally freaked out when your one said the word 'palette' to me on the phone. :eek:

I'd have thought it would arrive on one, but a sudden realization of lifting it into the house on my own or it being left out in the rain hit me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I should start a thread about it... but wait no... that might seem too eager...

It's not possible to be too eager when expecting a cab, so no, I'd rate this thread as being genuine :D

Bring on the cabs

I put the pallet right up to the back door and used the wheels on the candy to push it into the house. Was a heavy beeyach but I got it inside a lot easier than I thought.
    I never brought the pallet inside itself as they are generally to wide for most doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Nice one..Can't wait for pics.

Yeah mine got brought to my front door as well.
    Also had to bring it in on my own.
    The only thing I weas scared of was the rain..Ireland is not a good place to get these babies delivered to..Have plastic sheets at the ready

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Plastic sheets at the ready for sure,
    I was tempted to buy cheap ass 50e Dunnes Marquee the day Sega Rally Twin came,
    just in case I had to spend hours dismantling it in the rain :)
    All went well on the day, thank the Gods that the house came with the RAMP though!!! :)

Best of luck with the new Cab o1s1n, looks like a beauty,
    Ronnie thru up a New Net City today if anothers hunting for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Congrats on the purchase man!

Hope all goes well for ya.

Master of the Universe

finally! Got it into the house and powered it on. :D

Passed the Vendetta test - worked great.

Bit of an issue with video on Aliens Versus Predator. Seems to have sorted itself out on second powerup though.

Pgm - good solid picture, top inch or so is bending a bit. I really need to get into the pots and try to adjust the image. Also cant seem to find the damn degauss button!

Controls are odd - neither joystick is registering and only two buttons are. I flipped the control panel forward and neither start button is wired up. Joysticks are though :confused:

There are lose wires dangling about, so I think some may have disconnected while it was being transported.

Anyway, technically I'm still at work (work from home days FTW!) so cant feck about with it anymore till later.

Picks to follow!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent stuff dude congratulations!

Happy days dude :D
    Are you sure it has a degauss button? My candy doesnt as its an auto degauss monitor.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just noticed that it does a degauss on boot alright!

Had another feck about with it during my break. Still can't figure out why the sticks arent working. Got into a test menu and only a couple of the buttons register.

Also, more worrying, the tilt at the top of the screen seems to be in all games. It's the whole way across, not just at the edges.

You wouldn't notice it while you're playing, but you would say, during a boot screen as the tops of the letters are bending to the side.

Definitely happened in transport at the pre shipping pictures looked good.

So far I've only found pots for RGB colour and brightness. Cant seem to find pincushion. Fingers crossed I do and that manages to fix it. Last thing I need is a busted cap or something worse. :(

Advertisement